A3 different trims etc

mtracerz

Reaction score
Im looking to be buying an A3 in the next few weeks.
Was wondering if someone could tell me the difference between the models (se, sport, s line)
And when did the newer looking model start (the larger grill model)

thanks

Trims - walnut, piano, fish scale, brushed aluminium

Quite rare to see walnut to be honest and quite ghastly as well in my opinion.

Probably the most common is the piano inlays and these can be got across the whole range and the fish and aluminium were optional extras.

The big grill started in 2005 and then the new s-line front bumper came out in late 05/06

thanks for the reply,
what are all the differences between the different models? such as the s line, sport, se?

not a huge difference between sport and se - mainly trim, fogs maybe, suspension, then its just down to personal optional extras.

The s-line will have different bumpers after 06, better sound system maybe, leather/half leather (sport can also have half leather), think the s-line suspension is different too, spoiler as standard etc...

Just minor differences which can be added down the line if you buy a sport

I had a sport TDI before the S3 and it was better spec'd than a s-line by the time I was finished with it!

ah right, shall keep looking for a good one to come up then.
cheers for your help

As Boydie says.

The suspension gets lower from SE -> Sport -> S-line.

Wood is indeed horrible, piano looks ok but is easily marked, fish scale & brushed are the best options.

In terms of exterior, I'd aim for s-line as it has nicer bumpers & roof spoiler.

I'd test drive both the manual & DSG gearbox to see which you prefer too.