A3 dashboard removal

amgad

Reaction score
So I am thinking of removing the lower part of the dashboard of my Sportback. Don't have a clue where to start so can anyone post some pics on "how to". Greatly appreciated.

amgad said:
So I am thinking of removing the lower part of the dashboard of my Sportback. Don't have a clue where to start so can anyone post some pics on "how to". Greatly appreciated.
Lower part of dash??

As in glove box and panel under steering wheel?

If so then have a look at this guide to fitting the RNS-e. There is a section in this guide for removing both.

http://forums.audiworld.com/a3/msgs/63879.phtml

Hope that helps

marms said:
Lower part of dash??

As in glove box and panel under steering wheel?
Yeah, those and the panels on the sides of that (footweels). All that area basically (including carpets, holdings, hidden nuts/screws, fixtures)

Thanks

amgad said:
Yeah, those and the panels on the sides of that (footweels). All that area basically (including carpets, holdings, hidden nuts/screws, fixtures)

Thanks

Ok,

I edited my above post for details of removing these.

The kick panels in the footwells are simply held on with clips. A firm pull will release them. If I remember, you have to pull the rubber door seals away before you can remove the kick panels.

Thanks a lot to both of you, I am on a soundproofing improvement project, so any ideas there would be great.