A3 Cruise Control Retro-Fit

edition

Reaction score
Hi,

Been searching for a definative guide on how to retrofit cruise onto my car but haven't found the answer as yet! Dealer couldn't tell me either!

My car is a 2005, not got mfsw or cruise!

So do i need a steering module?

Are there any walk through guides on how to fit it?

So far the dealers have quoted £82.05 for the stalk and trim but said i might need the module.

HELP!

Cheers in advance..

Mate, PM me your chassis no. I can then check if you have the correct parts for Cruise. I got my Stalk and shroud from my dealer for £70. (Managed to get discount off them)

I fitted it myself last week, 1 hour job but you need VCDS to code the car and a 12m Spline to take the wheel off, and patience.

Gregor

Hi,

So do i need a steering module?

Cheers in advance..

Edition, you have 1K0 953 549 F fitted to your car. I have 8P0 953 549 F fitted to mine. I don't know if the 8P) or 1K) bit makes any difference though. Sorry!

I can send you a pdf file for the A4 retrofit. The site it came from is down at the moment.

So does anybody know if 1K0 953 549 F will work for cruise?

I should be able to contain my excitement!

Cheers Si!

Oh and prices for the bits would be great mate :)

ooh, if its going to be around £100 i'm totally interested in this as well :) should be able to make that back in a year easily with the fuel savings ;)

Got the same year and setup as edition so hopefully should be the same bits.... anyone mind checking that against my chassis number though?

ooh, if its going to be around £100 i'm totally interested in this as well :) should be able to make that back in a year easily with the fuel savings ;)

Got the same year and setup as edition so hopefully should be the same bits.... anyone mind checking that against my chassis number though?

Yeah fire away:)

i would be interested in the multifunction steering wheel more than the cruise control but hey, rookie question where can i get my chassis numebr?

Thanks

Paul

Bottom left hand of your screen, might be worth searching too for those that have done that retrofit.