A3 Convertible Boot Wiring Loom

Flores4

Reaction score
Hi all,
I cant find any other posts relating to this, I bought a 2009 A3 convertible recently, and just my luck, after a few days I had a warning on the dashboard that all of the boot mounted lights were broken, and I found I could only open the boot with the key (the electronic lock was previously fine.) After replacing all of the "broken" lights and finding they still didn't work, I've had a bit of a look around, and found that one of the wires that run inside a black rubber protector was totally broken (I'm guessing it got caught in the hinge?) I'm not really technically minded, but I've managed to patch up the wire, albeit outside of the protective sleeve, and it all now works fine. My questions are, has anyone had any experience of this sort of problem? (I've found a few results via Google relating to older models.) And how much should I be looking at to have it repaired?

Thanks in advance,

Don.

Last edited:
yes its a normal thing for them to snap
same as the a4 cabs
just make sure you have a good conection and tape it up
for a repair an auto sparkie will only solder back and tape up so leave as is.

Hey Don, when we do your cruise I can do a repair with solder & heatshrinking if you would like, then I can check the other wires.

Sounds great mate, thanks. Not sure if you got my email?