A3 - Competition Grille Badge

I

imported_Cirus

I'm wonder whether any of you can help me. I have bought an Audi Competition Grille badge from vagpart.co.uk for an A3 upto 08/2000 (I have a 99 reg A3). Received it yesterday and am looking to fit it. Only problem being I don't know how to /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif. Had a little play but can't see anyway that it can fit on. It has two little clips on the back but the space in the grille seems far to big for it to clip onto plus you can't get to the back of the grille anyway because of the radiator being in the way. The badge seems the right size to fit into the space on the grille etc but I just can't see how to fix it there.

Has anyone fitted one of these to there A3 or know how to fit one Any help would be great.

HTC, thanks. If you could look it up that would be great.

If anyone does know any easier way thought??

BobB,

It's a pain having to take off the bumper. Don't think I am going to do it. Sounds like a great idea holding it on with number plate pads. Down to Holfords I go /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Did you just put them on the underside?

Yes, just one pad on the bottom. I then trimed the excess off as you can see the white pad other wise. Don't know if you can buy black pads?

Hope this is of help to you mate, Rich sent it to me as a pm when i bought his kamei grill from him!
Sure he wont mind me posting it ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Right,

First of all, open the bonnet and you will see 4 push rivets. Push the centres through, then pull ther main bosdy out of the car. YOu will have to fish about for the centres as you will need them later when re-fitting!

Remove all screws in the wheel arches to the bumper (3 in total per side). Remove the 2 screws holding the underside of the bumper to the car (they are about 9 inches out each way from the centre line of the car under the lip of the bumper(standard one anyway...might find they are not used anymore!)

Make sure there are no connections to the bumper (wiring of any sort).

Peel the edge of the bumper away from the wheel arch on both sides and then pull the bumper forwards off of the car. Should be straightforward to change the grille now. When re-fitting, just reverse what you did. I've done it enough time now that its a piece of cake! takle me about 5 mins to do it!... well did! the new one is a bit awkward as its glass fibre its not QUITE as flexible and im scared of cracking it!

Get in any trouble give me a shout!

Rich