1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A3 can dealers fit an armrest for you??

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Peterhendo, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Peterhendo

Peterhendo Member

[Apr 4, 2013]
    I have a 57 plate 2008 shape audi a3 1.6 sport it does not come with a armrest can a audi dealer fit one ?? And does any1 no the prices for all this
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 20, 2014]

3. Sandra

Sandra MODERATOR Staff Member Moderator

[Apr 4, 2013]
    Hi, this can be retrofitted, try a pm to site sponsor NHN, he does a lot of retrofit work, and would probably be cheaper than Audi. Send him a pm for quote on pricing. :) x
  4. Cruiser89

Cruiser89 Advanced In Car Tech Site Sponsor

[Apr 4, 2013]
    To be honest you can probably do it yourself. I could say get us to do it but save your money, it's not that difficult to do.

I got the armrest from eBay. Got hold of the Audi fitting instructions and cutting guide and just spent a couple of hours doing it. Very rewarding. I did this to my old 59plate A3 about 2 years ago and I was a total n00b when it came to cars.

Have a search on the forum and you will see my step-by-step guid I made. I also uploaded the fitting instructions / guide.

Dealers charge about £120 for the kit from memory I believe, then there is fitting time.

Overall it cost me £50 and 2hrs of my time.

Tim :)
  5. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Apr 6, 2013]
    Cloth lidded new armrest is £179 supplied from audi, fitting is a pita tbh as requires the rivet nut pushed into position, then with a socket & spanner you need to follow a certain procedure to make the rivet pull up to hold it in the hole tight aswell as cutting out the plastic hole in center console.

Strangely every 8P I have fitted didn't have this rivet nut fitted, however, the Irish car I did recently already had the rivet in place from factory although no armrest from factory, strange but true.

I can supply/fit this if need be, ping me a PM.
  6. Peterhendo

Peterhendo Member

[Apr 6, 2013]
    We probs live miles apart im on the wirral but do want this fitting
  7. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Apr 6, 2013]
    If you can get to Salford at some point, then yes we can get you hooked up.