A3 Cabriolet - no power to boot lid.

A3CAB

Reaction score
There is no power getting to the boot lid. Therefore reversing lights, number plate light and electric boot opener are not working.
The manual does not indicate which fuse covers this and I have checked all fuses and all are OK. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Welcome to the site.

Well if all of that's down, then I suspect the wiring in the gaitor on the hinge of bootlid.

I need to check schematics for this one to see where radio wires are, but in meantime, is radio ok?

Whereabouts are you located?

Mine has just been back to Audi under warranty to replace the loom between the bootlid and the body - mine started with a reverse light not working, but inside the rubber gaiter there was 1 broken wire (reverse light) and 4-5 others with the insulation rubbed off.

Was told there was a modified loom to stop it happening again.

My car I'll be 3 years old in September, 24k miles - local dealer didn't expect to see a fault like this on a car of this age.

image by Paul_J_Russell, on Flickr

Last edited:
Yeah that's what I expect they will find tbh, not enough slack in the cable.

Finally got an answer from Audi dealer that there is NO fuse covering the tailgate electrics, so had a look inside the rubber gaiter and sure enough the thick brown wire was broken. A couple of other wires had broken insulation. Extended the brown wire and all OK.

Many thanks for your help. IMG 0509IMG 0510