A3 Bonnet respray

stotty2

Reaction score
Has anyone any idea how much it'll cost to respray the bonnet of an A3 in Phantom black. Something has leaked on the paintwork in an underground carpark and ruined the paintwork - there's a claim going in but wanted to know how much it'll cost

Cheers

Bloke here got quoted £350 to respray the bonnet of his metallic blue 3 series coupe last week.
Not from a BMW garage,from an independent.

thats a bit excessive i think - if someone quoted me £350 for a bonnet respray i would laugh at them!

A lot of the cost of a respray is the labour required to mask everything else off and remove bits like lights, door handles and so forth.

Given that the entire bonnet can simply be unbolted and sprayed with gay abandon elsewhere, I'd have thought it should be a relatively low cost bit to do.

that depends whether being metallic they can do that - they may need to blend into the wings and front bumber. They will also argue that to remove the bonnet would take longer than masking and the extra risk of it getting chipped or damaged while off the car and when refitting.

steve184 said:
that depends whether being metallic they can do that - they may need to blend into the wings and front bumber. They will also argue that to remove the bonnet would take longer than masking and the extra risk of it getting chipped or damaged while off the car and when refitting.

I've just had a quote to respray the bonnet of the wifes Jetta in the same black pearl finish due to some 'nice' person deciding to run a key along it - £433 - but this was at a VW dealer so am expecting to pay £250 - £300 max.