A3 Black Edition

joemasini

Reaction score
When ordering my black edition there was only one wheel option - the new style. How do I get the older style wheels or even the wheel options you get on the S3 black edition?

Is this possible and how do I do it?

Joe

The older style was discontinued when the new one was brought in - all you can do is find someone willing to swap or someone selling theirs.

When ordering my black edition there was only one wheel option - the new style. How do I get the older style wheels or even the wheel options you get on the S3 black edition?

Joe

You should of ordered a non Black Edition and specced the Black Edition parts to it. You would of had the wheel options then...

You should of ordered a non Black Edition and specced the Black Edition parts to it. You would of had the wheel options then...
+1. Would have cost you a little more but you would have had the wheels. Having said that though, you wouldn't have the FBMFSW so I would just accept what wheels you have. I wasn't too happy about mine but when I picked it up I was quietly surprised, they're not that bad.

There's no option to change. I've already looked into it.

You can get an S-Line and spec it up but it costs a bomb by the time u add the xenons etc.

If you would have ordered a normal S Line (not Black Edition) you would have had the alloys you wanted (see below):

image.img.png

By the time you add the extras found on the Black Edition I think it only works out at about £300 extra which isn't much when spending £20K plus on a car. The only down side as mentioned, FBMFSW.

I looked into the sline and then speccing it up to BE trim but was a stupi price. I like the wheels better then the older style but I wanted the S3 Black Edtion wheels ideally.

Never mind - looking forward to getting it tbh.

Can someone post a few links up please of a white 3dr black edition?

Cheers

Joe

I looked into the sline and then speccing it up to BE trim but was a stupi price. I like the wheels better then the older style but I wanted the S3 Black Edtion wheels ideally.

Never mind - looking forward to getting it tbh.

Can someone post a few links up please of a white 3dr black edition?

Cheers

Joe
With the annual price increase it may be more now then as you have pointed out. As for the wheels, the S3 and A3 Black Edition wheels are exactly the same.

The picture in my signature below is Black Edition, there's also a link where you can find more photos.

cool, I thought I read somewhere that the S3 Black Edition wheels were different to what mine will come with.

What are they like to drive? I was feeling decisive so just ordered one and not actually drove one - I have a 120d M-sport at the min and tested the 1 series coupe but I felt like a girl driving it.

I have always liked the look of the A3 s-line so looking forward to the black edition

+1. Would have cost you a little more but you would have had the wheels. Having said that though, you wouldn't have the FBMFSW so I would just accept what wheels you have. I wasn't too happy about mine but when I picked it up I was quietly surprised, they're not that bad.

I love the wheels you have! Would have been delighted if mine had those fitted when I got it and wouldn't have ever wanted to swap for any others. :wub: x

cool, I thought I read somewhere that the S3 Black Edition wheels were different to what mine will come with.

What are they like to drive? I was feeling decisive so just ordered one and not actually drove one - I have a 120d M-sport at the min and tested the 1 series coupe but I felt like a girl driving it.

I have always liked the look of the A3 s-line so looking forward to the black edition
Nope. Exactly the same.

They are great as is any car in the A3 range, far superior to the BMW. You won't be disappointed. That I can promise you. No only that, the interior is nicer place to sit, excellent quality compared to the boring BMW.

I love the wheels you have! Would have been delighted if mine had those fitted when I got it and wouldn't have ever wanted to swap for any others. :wub: x
I offer you the swap....

Joe

I have the RS4 titanium alloys if you wanna swap :ninja:

Ive got some Speedlines coming on mine if you want to swap