A3 Black Edition Ordered

feddie1984

Reaction score
I haven't really posted in the forum much, but I always enjoy reading the usefull posts. I'll start off with a bit of history.

I got my first car in April 2007, it was a quite understated Seat Ibiza 1.4 sport.

Seat3.jpg

In October that year I felt like a change and purchased a Seat Leon FR TDi.

MyLeonFRSell1.jpg

In April 2008 I bought my first fast petrol car, a Seat Leon Cupra 240ps.

Cupra3.jpg

Unfortuneatley I got caught speeding the day after I picked it up :crying: the strange thing being that I didn't actually lose my licence until November. Due to this I changed (yet again) to a Seat Ibiza 1.9TDi FR, re-mapped to 170 BHP (Little Pocket Rocket and only Ins Grp 8).

In May 2009 i got the urge to change again and purchased a VW Golf R32 DSG (What a sound!!!)

I loved this car but the cost to run it was imense. I then in October 2009 picked up an MY09 ex-demo Audi A3 2.0TFSi Quattro Sportback.

Picture003.jpg

I thought that this would be reasonable to run as it states the combined consumption is in the high 30's, but even with the same driving style, sometimes I struggle to match even the R32's economy. I think this might be mainly due to weight, quattro and driving it through the winter.

Any now I have just place an order for the below:

Audi A3 2.0 TDI Blk/Ed 170ps
FACTORY OPTIONS:
S-Tronic
Black Alcantara/Leather Silv/Stch QF
Brilliant Black
Comf-Pack
Teck-Pack
Magnetic Ride
Adaptive Lights + High Beam Assist
Interior Light Pack
Electric Folding Mirrors
Tyre Pressure Monitor
Heated Front Seats

Hope this one lasts!!!!

Last edited:
It scares me to think how much money you flushed down the drain over a 2 year period! Crikey.

Also, i think most people in here could have told you that the 2.0TFSI Q wasn't going to be 'much' more economical than the 3.2 V6.

Anyway, hope the new motor suits you better, it sounds lovely :)

It scares me to think how much money you flushed down the drain over a 2 year period! Crikey.

Also, i think most people in here could have told you that the 2.0TFSI Q wasn't going to be 'much' more economical than the 3.2 V6.

Anyway, hope the new motor suits you better, it sounds lovely :)

lol, I don't like to think either, but I have enjoyed them all in their own way.

Thanks for the reply

Just out of interest...Having owned a Seat, VW and Audi, have you really noticed a jump in quality each time or could you happily go back to a Seat Leon after the A3?

Just out of interest...Having owned a Seat, VW and Audi, have you really noticed a jump in quality each time or could you happily go back to a Seat Leon after the A3?

I've got to be honest, the quality is only something you dwell on when your not in the car. If I had the choice i'd get another Leon Cupra as that was astonishing with regards to handling and accelaration, the only thing I don't like is the look of the facelift, but then again I didn't really like the look of the Mk II Cupra but that grew on me. But I do think that the only time I want to change a car is when i'm not using it lol. Even now every time I look out the window at the current Audi i wonder whether i'm doing the right thing. If I hadn't been stupid and got caught speeding, i'd still have the Cupra as i loved it!. I've attached a vid clip of the cupra 0-60.

New Car sounds great! You've had some nice motors! If I listed all the cars I'd had....crumbs!!! darnt think about it. Never had a seat though but lots of VW's and Audi's and have now come back to an Audi, love it, sounds great and pulls like a train!

Any now I have just place an order for the below:

Audi A3 2.0 TDI Blk/Ed 170ps
FACTORY OPTIONS:
S-Tronic
Black Alcantara/Leather Silv/Stch QF
Brilliant Black
Comf-Pack
Teck-Pack
Magnetic Ride
Adaptive Lights + High Beam Assist
Interior Light Pack
Electric Folding Mirrors
Tyre Pressure Monitor
Heated Front Seats

Hope this one lasts!!!!

Changed the order slightly, I've added sunroof and changed the colour to Sepang Blue, hope it looks as good in the metal as it does in the pictures!