Facelift A3 Black Edition in Vegas Yellow with 10 spoke matt look titanium alloys

W

Wayne Collins

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if anyone here has the a3 Hatchback or Sportback black edition in Vegas yellow with these alloys..

image1-jpg.111050

I can only find s3's in that colour but I want the a3 in Vegas yellow with these alloys!

Assuming the A3 is an S-line......with the black edition......wouldn't it look almost identical to an S3 in black optics?

Nice wheel btw!

Assuming the A3 is an S-line......with the black edition......wouldn't it look almost identical to an S3 in black optics?

Nice wheel btw!

I suppose so mate! Apart from the exhausts?

I suppose so mate! Apart from the exhausts?

There are some very minor differences as well, but unnoticeable to non-enthusiasts probably...

1) The FL S3 has single-bar grille while the FL A3 has double-bar grilles. I don't quite understand the logic in that as the BMW M cars have double-bar grilles.
2) The A3 has fake air intakes (closed) while the S3 has real air intakes (open).
3) S3 has bigger brakes, but doubt non-enthusiasts will notice...
4) As you said....diffuser and exhaust differences...

Last edited:
On it, like a car bonnet.

Had a quick search, can't find any with the A3 BE alloys, but these may help to get your drift, or check out my pictures of my BE.

$_20.jpg

$_20.jpg

$_20.jpg

$_20.jpg

Reactions: Scottyg, daydotz, Wayne Collins and 3 others
I can do a picture of the wheels on a Sportback, can't remember what colour the car is though...

IMG 7543

Cheers, good to see the alloys! I just love Vegas yellow and don't want to make wrong decision haha

I have those alloys and a non-yellow S3.
I use the titanium version for winter tyres and the silver version for summer.

Upload 2017 1 31 14 44 41

Upload 2017 1 31 14 45 6

My first picture was the day I picked it up, the 2nd picture is it being 30months old and only 1 wash since the first picture :)
Funnily enough the car still works fine.

One wash in 30 months??? :wtf:That's sacrilege on here. Wash your mouth out with soap and then get that car washed. :busted cop:

On here I know............imagine treating a machine as a machine and simply using it as it was designed.
Wait a moment, gotta run...........I can see a swirl.............no my mistake, I can't as it has never seen a sponge.

OK confession time, I do wash the wheels as i like clean alloys but it makes the disc look all rusty............what should I do ;)

p.s. not trying to start a fight, each to their own and all that and everyone should do what they want to do.

My first picture was the day I picked it up, the 2nd picture is it being 30months old and only 1 wash since the first picture :)
Funnily enough the car still works fine.

Why did you wash it? Are you selling it already?

I had done some off roading to see how effective winter M+S tyres were on mud (looked like it had been rallying) so it got a pressure wash..............not selling it for a while as it is discrete enough to leave in airport car parks most weeks yet fast enough to get me home quickly. No other Audi comes close for value for money imo.

OK confession time, I do wash the wheels as i like clean alloys but it makes the disc look all rusty............what should I do ;)

What you should have done from day one is remove all the wheels at least once a week to clean them using a special Troika detailing wheel wand with a pH neutral, non bio, non aggressive wheel shampoo specially formulated for diamond cut alloys, followed by a sprinkling of magical magenta repulsing wheel balm so that no spec of dirt ever attached itself to them again. Then remove your disks every 12 months and paint with anodizing silver disk brake protector to keep that factory fresh look. Simple

All these products are readily available from any OCDrUS detailing suppliers and should cost no more than £120 for a year's supply.

But if you're not like normal people on here and can't do all this regularly, don't tell the forum of your perverted view of car ownership bragging about just getting in and driving it.

^^ good sense of humour..........I like it.
Must be cause we both drive manuals ;)

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if anyone here has the a3 Hatchback or Sportback black edition in Vegas yellow with these alloys..

image1-jpg.111050

I can only find s3's in that colour but I want the a3 in Vegas yellow with these alloys!

Stockport audi have one seen it today whilst having my car serviced

Attachments

• 5D5DB1FE-B0E2-4F0C-9769-3C873821DFD0.jpeg
    5D5DB1FE-B0E2-4F0C-9769-3C873821DFD0.jpeg
    66.2 KB · Views: 387