A3 Black Edition - BOSE help?

Chappy

Call me Dan!
Reaction score
Hey guys,

New to the forum and still haven't introduced myself :( haha, right, just got the Black Edition A3 which comes with the BOSE system in it, problem I'm having is, the radio turns itself up or down whenever it feels like! I.e coming to a stop today at traffic lights, and then bass kicked in and turned up louder? It's even worse on AUX, any ideas guys? Also gotta go to Audi on Tuesday to have a replacement Gas discharge bulb as it randomly flickers on and off while driving :(

Danny.

right BOSE equipped cars have something called Audio pilot. they detect road conditions like vehicle speed, wind noise etc and change the volume to cancel it out. it shouldn't, however, be making itself louder when you stop because that defeats the point.

double check you're not mistaken. it should be there to help. if it isn't then take it back to Audi and have them look at it, and if it's a new or nearly new car get them to give you something for your trouble because a new car shouldn't have problems and your time and fuel is not free.

Thanks for your help sub39h, I'm pretty sure I'm not mistaken, it's really weird, never experienced anything like it before if I'm honest, but other then that, it's a ****** brilliant sound system, especially funny when chavs pull up with their 'boom boxes' in their saxo's with 'We No Speak Americano', mines always louder :D

Danny.

I think the microphone for the audio pilot is in the middle of the dash under the windscreen. It should affect the eq, turning just the bass up, perhaps there's a loose connection on the sub itself.

Hi Mate, I have noticed this on mine too. Especially when I start the car in the morning it gets pretty loud, assume it is down to engine noise as well? My previous car had an auto volume on it but that only got louder or quieter dependant upon vehicle speed. This seems to have a mind of its own on the S3!

I think the microphone for the audio pilot is in the middle of the dash under the windscreen. It should affect the eq, turning just the bass up, perhaps there's a loose connection on the sub itself.

The microphone is up where the interior light is behind one of the vented parts of the light panel. I don't know if the new models have it but it could be worth checking the GALA settings within your headunit. It may be on the highest setting and causing the problems...

Thanks for the replies guys :) Where abouts is the sub located? and I believe on my car, it's on the centre of the dash, looks like a speaker tbh :) Should really have a play around :)

Danny.

sub is in the boot. if you're standing at the back looking into the boot it's under the trim cover on the left hand side. i dunno how you get it off tho

Hi guys, sorry for dragging up this old thread but I thought it better to do this than start a new one. I have a MY61 S3 with RNS-e and to be honest, it's doing my head in. There is a hiss that keeps coming and going and the actual music volume has a mind of its own. I understand it has the Audiopilot so the volume is supposed to increase as you speed up and road noise increases but this is ridiculous. Is there any way to adjust it or switch it off so I can decide the volume? The only setting I can see is GALA but it is greyed out so I can't select it.

I have googled this matter but I can't find a definitive answer. 2 posts up someone suggested the road noise compensation can be adjusted. Is this true?

Cheers in advance and I apologise again if this is a done to death subject.

Hi guys, sorry for dragging up this old thread but I thought it better to do this than start a new one. I have a MY61 S3 with RNS-e and to be honest, it's doing my head in. There is a hiss that keeps coming and going and the actual music volume has a mind of its own. I understand it has the Audiopilot so the volume is supposed to increase as you speed up and road noise increases but this is ridiculous. Is there any way to adjust it or switch it off so I can decide the volume? The only setting I can see is GALA but it is greyed out so I can't select it.

I have googled this matter but I can't find a definitive answer. 2 posts up someone suggested the road noise compensation can be adjusted. Is this true?

Cheers in advance and I apologise again if this is a done to death subject.

Do you have Bose as it's only cars with Bose that has the Audiopilot fitted...

If it is a 61 plate S3 then it will have Bose as standard.

It happens in my A3 and drives me mad.

No, Bose is only standard on the Black Edition, not the standard S3... Sat Nav is standard on both...

No, Bose is only standard on the Black Edition, not the standard S3... Sat Nav is standard on both...

Yeah it is Bose. Is there anything I can do? I read somewhere that it gets better with time once the capacitors bed in in the amp but that sounds like tosh to me! There must be a setting somewhere to adjust the speed volume control?

Adam, I know what you mean. Its crazy a 'top end' stereo sounds so poor!!

It is but I am sure when Bose is fitted the Audiopilot over rides the Gala on the head unit...

Hey Audicruiser, is there any way to adjust or disable Audiopilot or do we all just have to live with it?