1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A3 BKD tdi injectors destroyed so fitting new ones, well trying!

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Matt_Storm, Aug 16, 2013.

1. Matt_Storm

Matt_Storm Member

So my car decided to die a death at 80mph and has been off the road since- on trying to restart it i realised it was only running on 2 cylinders and would run for 10 secs before switching itself off. I removed the rocker cover to discover the injector cam lever had sheered off 4 of its bolts and in the process 1 injector had no top left attached and another injector was bent and had snapped part of its collar off. What a pain in the butt..
    So i have cleaned out the head of metal bits and removed all of the old injectors and have newer G code injectors + new seals to fit along with all the correct stretch bolts, gaskets and a new loom the only problem i am having is making the injectors pop into place i have heard i may need a vw lever tool and plate but is there an easier way to do this? they just keep popping back up and i cannot tighten the 3nm stretch bots until the injector is mated to the head surly?

Ta Matt
  2. fangio

fangio Well-Known Member

3. TDI140

TDI140 Well-Known Member

Says BKD so its a 140, if u have hybrid turbo and exhaust then go for the bosio 1287 injectors more power ?
  4. fangio

fangio Well-Known Member

Forgive my ignorance, por favor!:salute: