1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A3 bkd cylinder head

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by chucky121, Dec 12, 2012.

1. chucky121

chucky121 Member

[Dec 12, 2012]
    Hi again. Still new to this site. Can anyone give me some information on tracing a cylinder head for me 2004 2.0 tdi. It's the common bkd engine. Basicly the coolent is leaking in to the cylinders when the car isn't running. Don't think it will be just the head gasket the head is an A type So it's the faulty one but at 77,000 miles would this just crack now?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 1, 2014]

3. a3glenn

a3glenn 6th gear

[Dec 12, 2012]
    it strange how some cars just have there faults, and this is one of them to the bkd engine.

i think its to do with the head batch number, mine is an A which is prime for this fault, it did start to use coolant (about a half a cup every 4 weeks) so i was getting ready to look for a head.

but i thought i would try a type of rad weld, i put this in about 2 months ago and i have not had to put any coolant in and it is still on max,

might be worth ago, worked for me, will see you past the festive times lol
  4. mike foster

mike foster Fossie VCDS Map User

[Dec 13, 2012]
    Try K-seal. You pour it into the coolant top up bottle and let it get to work. Costs about £7