1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A3 Armrest Problem

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by jez130, Sep 6, 2009.

1. jez130

jez130 New Member

[Sep 6, 2009]
    Hi I am new here and would welcome some help on fitting an Armrest in a 2006 A3 please!

I have read some of the threads so i get the gist that you need to cut out a template in the console etc. Does anyone have a Template? And more detailed instructions of exactly where to cut out? Thanks very much to you all. My email is jezsummers@hotmail.com if anyone can help! Cheers. Jez.:eiertritt:
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 21, 2014]

3. mdre83

mdre83 Member

[Sep 7, 2009]
    I don't have the template mate, but just fitted one in my bros A3. We done it by measuring the underside of the armrest, the part that actually sits on the center console. Be sure to measure the inner lip rather than the outter thou (if that makes sense) Then took the measurements starting 15mm from the rear of the center console (where the ash tray removes) centralised the rectangle with masking tape before cutting. Result was spot on.

Unfortunately I don't have the pics which would have made it much easier to explain. I'm sure someone will reply with the template...
  4. A Rowley

A Rowley New Member

[Sep 7, 2009]
  5. jez130

jez130 New Member

[Sep 8, 2009]
    Cheers!:blackrs4: