1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A3 AP Amplifier Power Cable

Discussion in 'In-Car Entertainment' started by A3Andy, Sep 26, 2007.

1. A3Andy

A3Andy Member

Quick question, is there anywhere to route a 4wg power cable from the battery into the cabin? Quick look around didnt show any cheeky gromets for me :(

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

On the 8L A3 there's an unused grommet on the passenger side under the wiper splash guard next to the pollen filter, drops down into the passenger footwell behind the glovebox, no idea if this is the same on the 8P, but worth a look.
    [​IMG]

4. Gti Jazz Blue

Gti Jazz Blue Active Member
    VCDS Map User

If you have DSG there is a rather larger redundant hole in the firewall where the clutch pedal would go on a manual - that is where I routed mine.

Paul

5. A3Andy

A3Andy Member

Unfortunately it's a normal manual shifter, not DSG :(

6. gg9485

gg9485 Member

7. A3Andy

A3Andy Member

Found a grommet myself - when i took the glovebox off there is a loom feeding in from the engine bay into the cabin.

Anyway - the bass is excellent now so that's great. The only downside is that the airbag light has come on, and wont go off. What could it be?

8. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

If you removed the glovebox and unplugged the passenger airbag bypass switch, then turned on the ignition at anytime with the switch disconnected this would log a fault and turn off all the airbags, thus the airbag light is on.
    Just needs resetting via VAGCOM, meanwhile the airbags are all disabled until you do a reset.

9. A3Andy

A3Andy Member

Top man, that's exactly what's happened.

Will an Audi dealership just do it for me, or charge for the pleasure?

10. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Some will, some will charge, if you're a loyal customer they should do it free, only takes 2 minutes.

11. A3Andy

A3Andy Member

[​IMG]
    (Above: Remove the glovebox to gain access to the grommet for the power cable)

[​IMG]
    (Above: Underneath the fan if you look up there's a grommet through the engine bay - push the cable up through here)

[​IMG]

(Above: Remove the battery and the cover, the you'll see the loom and the cable poking through)

Laying the cable through the car is relatively easy too, follow the phatnoise installation PDF for that.