1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A3 and S3 clocks are they the same?

garyrmills Sep 5, 2009

1. garyrmills

garyrmills Member

ive got S3 clocks but i have a dodgey lcd in the middle ive tryed to fix this but had no luck. would the A3 clocks fit my car if i just changed the facias over? also does it matter what spec the car had before? thanks gary

2. Paul @ Unit 9 Remaps

Paul @ Unit 9 Remaps Site Sponsor Site Sponsor

wouldnt the rev counter be different could be my mistake

3. 666markyboy

666markyboy Well-Known Member

I don't know about differences between the 2 but when swapping any clocks even if it's like for like it's not quite as simple as you may think.. you need to get the new clocks coded to match you ECU and Immobliser... i beleive you can do it yourself if you have VAGCOM but you need a keycode that belongs to the car, if your lucky it will be attached to your spare keys if not you have to approach Audi

4. Dani_B19

Dani_B19 Audi-sports own special child.

No they will be different, youll have to get the code of your s3 clocks and then the a3 clocks and phone audi up and get them to chack the coding to see if there compatible.
    I went down this line a while ago and was quite cheap, clocks were about £50ish of ebay and audi only wanted about £100 to reprogamme my key fobs and the clocks.
    Quite good really the only downfall is that youll have the mileage of the new clocks showing.