A3 Alarm

tris88

Reaction score
Afternoon all,

Been reading the forums for quite a while and just decided to join.

I bought an A3 2.0tdi 54 reg this weekend and i'm over the moon with it :thumbsup: . The only thing that i'm a bit concerned about is the rubbish excuse for an alarm siren. Is there anything that can be changed (with VAG-COM or other) to make it louder or make it use the horn etc. ?

Cheers

Tris

Not sure fella, no one has commented on it before so I doubt it. It is CAT1 so it won't get nicked, but if you want the alarm to sound like the world is ending to try and put them off get a Clifford fitted, but then again they will have already smashed a window by then.

Welcome to the forums

Cheers for the reply. I'm fine sticking with the alarm I just wanted to check there isn't a simple way to make it a bit more off putting for theifs or at least so people (eg. me) can hear it lol :).

Still, dead chuffed with the car now i've just got to keep it looking mint and hope nobody decides to park their car into it :happy:.

Next job on the list is to get some decent wax/polish :icon_thumright:

Yeah I park in a different county when I go to the supermarket. Always well away from the crowds. Unfortunately I also have to park in a NCP multistory in the day and there is no escaping a car at the side of you.

I would recommend the Meguairs stage 1-3

Yeh that's what I plan to do. Unfortunately I have to park at/around schools due to my job so I hope the kids keys don't find there way along the paintwork.

Any good websites that I could order that from?

Out of interest there was a 'Bill' called the Audible Motor Vehicle Alarms Bill which came into force on 1st January 2007. According to a section in this Bill, the audible motor vehicle alarm of a motor vehicle first used ON OR AFTER 1st Januray 2007

(a) may not at any time emit a noise exceeding 55 decidels

(b) may not emit a noise for a continuous period of more than ninety seconds.

For vehicle first used BEFORE 1st January 2007, the regulations are the same but exclude the 55 decidel noise limit.

Cheers for the websites.

55db seems a little low, I know car alarms can get annoying but they're there as a deterrant none the less.

Obviously going to have to connect a car battery to the door handles, will work quite well i think :sly: !

55db seems a little low, I know car alarms can get annoying but they're there as a deterrant none the less.

My be, but most peoples reaction to hearing a car alarm is to assume that one has been set of by accident or is faulty. It's the immobiliser part of the system that is the most important in my view.