1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A3 97' 1.6 gearstick

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by lugz, Oct 7, 2009.

1. lugz

lugz Member

[Oct 7, 2009]
    right the top cap came off my gearstick and it was looking tatty aswell so decided to order a replacement from ebay one of those fits all audi things.

came to fit it and its just not, then i read some were that the 1.6 has a different fitting to all the others :S

has anyone managed to find a way around this?

if not anyone got a 1.6 gearstick for sale? :unsure:
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 30, 2014]

3. Zenin

Zenin Member

[Oct 8, 2009]
    i feel your pain, i dont think there are any knobs that fit the 1.6, i have brought 2 aftermarket gearknobs in the past both that said for VAG, im sure they would fit any VAG car, except for the 1.6 a3 :banghead:

its a only slightly bigger..or smaller.. fitting, so it just wont go on at all.

try ebay or a scrapyard for another one. you would be lucky to find a new one.
  4. lugz

lugz Member

[Oct 8, 2009]
    yeah ben searching the bay and breakings but there all just as tatty as mine, i've managed to araldite the top back on so hopefully thats going now wer and maybe abit of leather bolich and black marker mite help.
    haha at least were not alone aye mate:happy:
  5. Davsurfa

Davsurfa Member

[Oct 8, 2009]
    The top came off mine and I just super glued it back on!! I couldn't find one for love nor money.
  6. Pat J

Pat J Getting there

[Oct 12, 2009]
    Check on VAGCAT you may be surprised how cheap an OEM one is from the dealer!!

I just got the S-Line one (8L0863278BNRMD) which has the perforated leather knob and alloy sleeve and gaitor all in one so it was a straight swap in my 1.9 Tdi and only cost £20-78 + vat and looks the business.:jump: