A3 8V Sportback S-Line - Front Isofix?

ChrisJay

Reaction score
Hi there,

I take delivery of my new motor a week on Friday, and the wait is doing me in to say the least!!

Could any of you that already have their new cars let me know if the front passenger seat has an isofix mounting please?

Thanks loads,

Chris.

Bought a car seat the other week but compatability says only suitable for rear seats. Not sure why, maybe a typo. Or perhaps listed as not compatible so they don't get blamed if you forget to turn the airbag off

Bought a car seat the other week but compatability says only suitable for rear seats. Not sure why, maybe a typo. Or perhaps listed as not compatible so they don't get blamed if you forget to turn the airbag off

That's unusual, I've not heard them quote that before. I think you could be right with the airbag thought though...

Most cars I've ever owned didn't have a switch to turn off the passenger air so I guess they are covering themselves...

They might not be differentiating between the different A3 generations. I've seen a few lists that group 8V and 8P.
I've got a cybex sirona which is Isofix only and approved for front seat and outboard rear seats.

I thought Isofix seats required a top tether.

You can clearly see the top tethers on the rear seats when you open the tailgate, so, where is the top tether for the front seat?

I thought Isofix seats required a top tether.

You can clearly see the top tethers on the rear seats when you open the tailgate, so, where is the top tether for the front seat?

Short answer - The front seat doesn't have a tether point, but most isofix seats use a leg that rests on the floor rather than a top tether.

Long answer:

There are two ways a seat can be approved for a vehicle. One is for it to be a universal seat and comply with the requirements of the vehicle. In the case of the 8V - those stipulate a tether and therefore only the rear seats are suitable. The other is for the seat to be "semi-universal" and have been tested in the specific vehicle (and the specific location in that vehicle). This is the more common route as getting a seat approved as universal is difficult. All of this is changing though. Over the course of a few years the system is moving to what they call I-Size. In the long run this will make it much simpler. You'll buy an I-Size approved car (which they all will be). Then you'll buy an I-Size seat based on your child's height.