A3 8V not acknowledging it's going into reverse

andrezinh0

Reaction score
Hi, I've recently had the headlights and tail lights of my 14 reg Automatic Audi A3 Sportback 5 doors retrofitted with Xenon and LED lights and even though the person who did the job is really experienced and knowledgeable this is something that he never came across.

After most of the service was complete the reverse lights didn't want to come on. If they're mapped to side lights they come on of if they're set to be constantly on they do but if they're set to reverse lights nothing happens when we put in reverse.

But not only that we noticed that we're not getting the normal beep when we put in reverse anymore nor the radio volume is turning down or the parking sensors are coming on when we put in reverse. It looks like there's a switch that was supposed to tell the car that's going into reverse it's not working as it should.

Have any of you seen this before?

Many thanks.

That's just great, now not only Audi won't even touch my car but several independent garages I contacted won't look at it either.
What a nightmare.

Anyone in East London that can actually fix this?

I’d be putting it back to whom ever did the retrofit and having them put it right, in the end if they day, they broke it

Reactions: S32B
Unfortunately, this really "experienced and knowledgeable person" has created an issue in the retrofit. Understandably, no Audi service or Independent garage will touch it. There are a couple of forum members who are knowledgeable on VAG coding who might be able to assist you, but fixing someone else's mistakes is difficult, not impossible on electrical hook-ups and coding, but very difficult and further possible damage rears it's head.

I’d be putting it back to whom ever did the retrofit and having them put it right, in the end if they day, they broke it
Just about to say the same! :)

Reactions: SamR92
was the guy who did you install Ash @ Audiretrofit?

before you had it 'worked on' everything was working fine and now after the work its stopped working?

OK, @Ash187 figured out what was wrong. With a clear head and enough time to test everything he managed to find out which part of the coding was messed up and added a few extra bits. Just took me three trips to the shop which was not ideal but at least it's all good now.

Reactions: Schizophonic