A3 8V 184 S-Tronic Quattro rough gear change

FinnMc1

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Been a few years since I sold my A5 but I'm not back with Audi again and this time an A3 Quattro. I've only had it for a couple of weeks and I'm curious how other owners find the gear change into and out of second. I find particularly when showing down it is a really rough change from 3rd to second.

The car has 60000km on it and just had its major service with the s-tronic oil etc. I've also had a REVO remap done but to be honest I think the change into second was always a bit rough even on another car I test drove when buying this. I know its a 6 speed so the ratios would be different to a lot of the 7 speed DSGs I've driven but any other DSG I've tried I've always found to be seamless.

I've checked for any recall outstanding but it seems to be up to date and the changes when going from 3rd to 4th to 5th to 6th are barely noticeable. So my question is is this normal or should I get it checked out. I did occur to me the issue could be the engines revs not being correct when the gear is selected but I thought it would ensure that before engaging the clutch.

Anyway any thoughts would be welcome.
Thanks
Finn
IMG 6104

I have the same engine/box and the change from 2>3 and 3<2 are as smooth as the rest, I would get it checked if I was you.

Out of interest, do you have a side on shot of your car with those wheels on?

Get it checked, i'm on my second 184Q, and both have been faultless and smooth.

Hi guys, thanks for the replies, I thought it was odd. Ill have them check it out next week. Going to get it flashed back to standard first though. Do you guys have any remap on yours or just running standard and if so have Audi ever noticed?

Ill get a picture tomorrow in day light and show you. They look good, I'm getting some wheel spacers to bring them closer to the arches though, 15mm rear and 10mm on the front.

Heres some pictures. Just had a paint correction assessment done. Its in a pretty bad way. Previous owner wasn't very delicate with his washing!

I just had a warning on the dash this morning and plugged it in and its something up with the boost pressure not being reached (I've uploaded the error code report). I wonder if thats the cause for the rough gear change? Did I read somewhere the turbo actuators are prone to failure on these engines?

Attachments

• IMG_6163.JPG
    IMG_6163.JPG
    730.8 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_6161.JPG
    IMG_6161.JPG
    722.7 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_6159.JPG
    IMG_6159.JPG
    712.9 KB · Views: 106
  • Log-141KY1002-WAUZZZ8V1EA133558.txt
    2.3 KB · Views: 124