1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A3 8P1 Vortex Votex Body Kit Question

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by johal87, Nov 12, 2009.

1. johal87

johal87 Member

Bit of an odd question but here goes,

Firstly has anybody on here got a 8P1 with the votex/vortex body kit fitted on a 2.0 TDI?

reason I ask is, i've seen a few around recently and there exhaust tips are different, im guessing this is part of the kit? as there finished in a nice crome, and are actully pointing out wards, and really finish the car off well..

does anyone know, if I can buy these seperate? or is the whole exhaust that needs changing?

Cheers guys

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. Khufu

Khufu Well-Known Member

As far as I believe, its down to the type of engine not the votex kit. Petrol engines have the chrome extensions and diesels dont as standard.

4. johal87

johal87 Member

the ones i have seen have been 2.0 tdis.. thats why at the first one i thought oh hes just changed them, but then in total i've seen 3 the same..

5. Lee_R

Lee_R Active Member

Its not part of the kit but they are available for all engine types.........which obviously is why they dont come with the kit, The kit is universal!

I have them on my TDI, they do sit a little under the votex rear skirt but they all do that, no matter what engine.

6. johal87

johal87 Member

Any chance you could upload a picture please?

Also where did you get them from and how easy are they to fit?

Any idea on price mate?

7. Lee_R

Lee_R Active Member

Got them from Audi, think i paid £25 in the sale, they are usually about £75

You need some sort of cutting tool to fit them as the OEM tail pipe covers on the TDI need removing. You need to split the weld. Once they are off then they just slide on and tighten up wil an allen key. This pic shows how they should sit in the valance (needs tips polishing though)

[​IMG]

8. johal87

johal87 Member

Cheers mate!

Cars looks nice, what wheels u got on there?