A3 8P Concert unusual Safe mode problem

M320au

Reaction score
Hi there,

I have a 2004 A3 8P and my concert radio has begun to enter Safe Mode -every- time I switch the engine off and remove the key. It's been happening for about 4 months now.

I know the radio code by heart - and it accepts the code every time I enter it and works perfectly. But it's obviously becoming somewhat of a chore to enter the radio code every time I start the car.

From reading other threads I understand the radio enters safe mode whenever standby power is interrupted. Why it would be interrupted every time I take the key out is what I want to determine. No obvious problems with the battery - car starts first time every time, and last service done 6 months ago indicates battery is in 70% condition.

My first port of call is to check whether there has been any damage to the harness or wiring which might cause standby power to be lost - but otherwise obtained once engine is running. Does anyone know if there is a specific pin on the radio adaptor plug I should put my multimeter into?

Cheers for your help.

m

Check the fuses, at the end of the dashboard, and i think there might be one on the rear of the stereo

Thanks. I have already done an 80% pass of fuses at the end of the dashboard but nothing came up suspicious. I wil take a closer look and report back.

Cheers
M

If its a fuse, it wouldn't display anything, let alone safe, I would also be checking the ignition switch as this tells systems to turn on etc, but it isn't being told which vin is connected to, so it must be related to canbus signals if this is the case, speculative remotely understand, but given the age, ignition switch is one possible.

Reactions: Sayam