1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A3 8P 2005 - Head Unit Upgrade - Single Din - Concert Replacement - KDC-BT92SD

Discussion in 'In-Car Entertainment' started by Novocaine, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Novocaine

Novocaine New Member

Hi,

I've done a bit of searching about this but I'm slowly becoming more and more confused..
    I'm trying to replace the stock Concert signal DIN head unit with a Kenwood KDC-BT92SD in my 8P 2005 A3.

It started out looking like a straight plug and play job but that soon turned into a nightmare [​IMG]

I've plugged in the two standard adapters and also connected power to both the Red and Yellow leads but If I understand correctly I need an wiring adapter to plug in the long adapter?

There was a yellow plug that seems to connected to the aerial lead which I presume also needs to be connected? as I currently have very poor FM reception.

What I really want to know is what components / adapters do I need to purchase in order to:

1) Get a Radio Single
    2) Have the unit power on and off with the ignition
    3) Connect the long plug (sub?)

So after some more reading I think I need the following?
    http://www.connects2.co.uk/images/pr...w/CT27AA05.jpg - VW/Audi/Skoda/Seat Aerial amplifier
    http://www.connects2.co.uk/images/pr...w/CTSAD003.jpg - Audi CAN-Bus Steering Wheel Control Interface

Appreciate your help and apologies again if this has been covered many times.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Yes those are what you need

4. Novocaine

Novocaine New Member

Thanks for the quick response Andy.