1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A3 8P 2005 - Head Unit Upgrade - Single Din - Concert Replacement - KDC-BT92SD

Discussion in 'In-Car Entertainment' started by Novocaine, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Novocaine

Novocaine New Member

[Feb 17, 2013]
    Hi,

I've done a bit of searching about this but I'm slowly becoming more and more confused..
    I'm trying to replace the stock Concert signal DIN head unit with a Kenwood KDC-BT92SD in my 8P 2005 A3.

It started out looking like a straight plug and play job but that soon turned into a nightmare [​IMG]

I've plugged in the two standard adapters and also connected power to both the Red and Yellow leads but If I understand correctly I need an wiring adapter to plug in the long adapter?

There was a yellow plug that seems to connected to the aerial lead which I presume also needs to be connected? as I currently have very poor FM reception.

What I really want to know is what components / adapters do I need to purchase in order to:

1) Get a Radio Single
    2) Have the unit power on and off with the ignition
    3) Connect the long plug (sub?)

So after some more reading I think I need the following?
    http://www.connects2.co.uk/images/pr...w/CT27AA05.jpg - VW/Audi/Skoda/Seat Aerial amplifier
    http://www.connects2.co.uk/images/pr...w/CTSAD003.jpg - Audi CAN-Bus Steering Wheel Control Interface

Appreciate your help and apologies again if this has been covered many times.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 30, 2014]

3. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Feb 17, 2013]
    Yes those are what you need
  4. Novocaine

Novocaine New Member

[Feb 18, 2013]
    Thanks for the quick response Andy.