A3 8p 2003 Cluster problems

Rui Carneiro

Reaction score
hi there to everyone...i have a very boring problem that i thought it was solved since the last April, however it returned... in february in the begining of the year, something was happening with the cluster - sometimes in the most wet/cold mornings, and when i turn the ignition on, nothing happens in the cluster, no lights at all, not even the km or clock digitall area... nothing that was electronic works on the car..., the engine start, but it stops after a 1/2 second, because it was blocked by imobilizer...., then, after a few tries, suddently, began to work...and in that day never failed again, however e next day, the situation remains, but this time all the electronics worked...this was commom for 1 or 2 months, until the hot weather starts...during all summer nothing happens...

this days the problem starts again...with the returning of the cold weather...exactly in the same conditions, with exactly the same behaviour...in this days i have been having low temp in my area...like - 5 Cº...during the day, this doesnt happens, just early in the morning...
No solutions at all for this here in Portugal...nothing conclusive about this issue here...

Did it happen to anyone else...???

sorry for the bad english/errors in the wriiting....

Bad earths, poor connections, water ingress or bad cluster?

all that have been already tested...everything seem s, in a first look, fine, well conected...however,the problem only happens in low temp/high humidity...could be some water ingress in fact....but were???ecu??

cheers