1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A3 8p 1.6tdi "product Enhancements"

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by bogsdollocks, Aug 29, 2014.

1. bogsdollocks

bogsdollocks New Member

[Aug 29, 2014]
    A3 3door 1.6Tdi 2011 model.

I've just had a letter from Audi (recorded delivery), asking me to contact them for a 'product enhancement' which will be carried out free of charge.

Does anyone know what this is, and should I go ahead with it, or leave things the way they are?

I suspect it's just a software update, but it seemed odd that they should send me a letter by recorded delivery.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 21, 2014]

3. SJ

SJ Member

[Aug 29, 2014]
    I'd personally say go for it or at least give them a call to find out what it's about. Also interested to find out what it is as I'm running the 2010 1.6tdi...
  4. bogsdollocks

bogsdollocks New Member

[Sep 1, 2014]
    Well, called in to Audi today, to ask about this.
    It turns out to be a software update for the ECU, designed to improve the regeneration of the DPF, and some other minor tweaks.
    They said it could be done straight away, so I waited while it was done.
    Took about an hour all told.
    Got the car back, and seems to be no different. it's certainly no worse either :)
    This was a free update, and , as the mechanic said, it can only be a good thing.
    I was told it is only relevant to the 1.6tdi model, and then only to certain chassis numbers.
    Hope this helps.
    SJ likes this.