A3 8L with S3 8L wheels , will it rub if I lower it ?

torque124

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

My first post here; I live in Australia :)

I have an Audi 8L 1.8T 2001 model, and I chucked in some S3 wheels (AVUS 17" ) ... It sits pretty flush now with the front guards ( see pic ) , and I am concerned it will rub if I lower it. I already bought ( in the mail ) a set of Eibach pro springs which ( they say ) will drop it 30mm front and 25mm rear.

Now rear is no concern... plenty of space.

My questions is, does anyone have this setup or tried it, will my front wheels rub ? I would like to avoid the work of putting in the springs if they will rub...

Many thanks and regards.
Rub 003

Hello mate, when you lower the car I will change the camber so it should pull the top of the wheel in. How low are you going? Springs or coilovers? The front camber does have adjustment to so I'd say you'd be alright

Thanks for your reply; I am just going with Eibach pro springs, no shocks. They are supposed to be 30/25 mm drop front/rear.

Cheers

Have the full fat Billy and Eibach Pro(shocks & springs) set-up which dropped mine 20/25 and tbh I could've easily gone another 15/20 lower without any issues so you'll be absolutely fine with the drop.

ive got coilovers on mine with the same wheels and like u said the back isnt much of a problem unless u have 2 large people in the back but the fronts did scrub mainly on full lock tho until i changed the camber as suggested above

SouthKesteven-20120723-01019.jpg

Last edited: