1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A3 8L wheels and spacers

blakie46 Mar 13, 2013

1. blakie46

blakie46 New Member

​Hi, i am new on here but i need some advice. I have a A3 8l and i will be fitting a set of BMW mv1 wheels to it. The problem i have got is the wheels on it now have a offset of et38 and the bmw rear wheels have a offset of et50. The adaptors i need to fit these wheels are 20mm wide. I would like 2 know if this is the right thickness to fit these wheels. The fronts have a offset of et47 and will be using the same 20mm adaptors on them, anyone know if i will have any problems with fitting the fronts. Also if anyone has advice about fitting wheels with a offset of et50 to my A3 i would appreciate it..

2. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona Audi S3 quattro Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

How wide are the BMW rims? The 20mm adaptors will make the rears ET30 and the fronts ET27. I think with the right tyres, they will fit with no issues.

3. blakie46

blakie46 New Member

The wheels are 225/49/18 in front and 255/30/18 on rears. Do you think that will cause any problems? And 20mm spacers will work?

4. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona Audi S3 quattro Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

I wanted to know the rim widths, 255 rear tyres are not going to fit under the rear arches I think, and it would suggest a wide rim, so 20mm spacers might not be enough?