1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A3 8L navigation?

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Monkeysquid, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Monkeysquid

Monkeysquid New Member

[Oct 10, 2012]
    Hello, new to this..........great forum!

I have recently bought a A38L with a symphony 6 player in but want a navigation unit. Is there one out there to go straight in as i cant seem to find one??
    Thanks
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 28, 2014]

3. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition Staff Member Moderator

[Oct 10, 2012]
    RNS-D was the model used for the 8L but its obsolete... a few have had RNS-E conversions though... have a search... you use an A4 oneor A6 one IIRC and mod it to fit...

<tuffty/>
  4. Maz

Maz Moon is made of green cheese

[Oct 10, 2012]
    Hi you've got two options if you want to keep things oem. The original RNS-D which fits straight in or the newer RNS-E from an A4 which needs some light modifying to width and height to fit and will bring the dash bang up to date!

Have a little search on the forum for some pics and guides as its been done a few times.
  5. vrbob

vrbob Thats no Moon, Thats a space station!

[Oct 10, 2012]
    Yup i have the newer RNS-E in my car and highly reccomend it :) you need the RNS-E form an A4 B6 or B7 car and a few mods to make it work plus a bit of coding via VCDS. As suggested use the search and lookf for RNS-E retrofit or PM your email addy and i will send you the guide i used.