1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A3 8L navigation?

Monkeysquid Oct 10, 2012

1. Monkeysquid

Monkeysquid New Member

Hello, new to this..........great forum!

I have recently bought a A38L with a symphony 6 player in but want a navigation unit. Is there one out there to go straight in as i cant seem to find one??
    Thanks

2. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

RNS-D was the model used for the 8L but its obsolete... a few have had RNS-E conversions though... have a search... you use an A4 oneor A6 one IIRC and mod it to fit...

<tuffty/>

3. Maz

Maz Moon is made of green cheese

Hi you've got two options if you want to keep things oem. The original RNS-D which fits straight in or the newer RNS-E from an A4 which needs some light modifying to width and height to fit and will bring the dash bang up to date!

Have a little search on the forum for some pics and guides as its been done a few times.

4. vrbob

vrbob Thats no Moon, Thats a space station!

Yup i have the newer RNS-E in my car and highly reccomend it :) you need the RNS-E form an A4 B6 or B7 car and a few mods to make it work plus a bit of coding via VCDS. As suggested use the search and lookf for RNS-E retrofit or PM your email addy and i will send you the guide i used.