1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A3 8L Facelift '03. What's missing?

Villarob May 31, 2013

1. Villarob

Villarob New Member

Just bought an A3 8L Facelift and there's a lovely big gap above the rear ashtray. Wondered what was there before and what is needed to replace it.
    Cheers.
    2.jpg

2. JudderMan

JudderMan Well-Known Member

The arm rest. If my dogs didn't want to jump through from the back seats then you could have mine, but it does work a treat for stopping them. Hate it when it's down, though, as you just smash your elbow off it when changing gear.

ps. my neck hurts.

Lavis89 likes this.
  3. basil brush

basil brush Active Member

RAOFL PMSL :)

JudderMan likes this.
  4. kwistof

kwistof South East Events Moderator Regional Rep

Took me a good few months to realise you can lower the armrest a few more clicks after lowering it to the normal position!

Almost impossible to change with it down and not lowering it more!

JudderMan likes this.
  5. JudderMan

JudderMan Well-Known Member

Ahh, I did not know that. Still, my dogs would feel that's an invitation to stand on the dashboard or bite the steering wheel, which isn't cool at full boost warp factor 9 ;)

6. Villarob

Villarob New Member

Thank you for all your replies. Looks like i might be shopping for an arm rest then. And my dog is only allowed in the wifes car. I don't want her scratching up my leather. Or the dog!

JudderMan and kwistof like this.
  7. Villarob

Villarob New Member

To replace would i need the OEM arm rest or can i make do with one of the cheap ones off ebay? I'd prefer OEM but a bit pricey.

8. Tim_Attard

Tim_Attard Active Member

i love my arm rest

9. kwistof

kwistof South East Events Moderator Regional Rep

Well when you next have the car to yourself - drop the armrest a few more clicks and it should line up very nicely to your gear knob and make changing gears with the arm rest down a hell of a lot easier!

In terms of a replacement armrest- OEM is the way to go...not sure on how the ebay ones fit- but I think all of those have a cloth top lid and I can just about see in your picture above that you have the full leather interior- so to get it all to match up you want OEM really buddy.

Keep an eye out for people breaking cars...have a search on here as the Leon Cupra/VW Golf armrests could possibly fit as well and chances are you'll pick it up cheaper than from someone breaking an Audi.