A3 8L Aftermarket head unit install help required

robsta3

Reaction score
Hi,
I recently purchased an A3 1.8T 2001 8L and have decided to swap the stock Concert II system for an Alpine unit, I removed the stock unit and purchased a PC9-401 harness which I think is incorrect maybe the PC9-404 as I have no BOSE speaker but a stock sub in the boot? however when I connected the Alpine unit using the 401 harness I have no power to the unit at all??? any advice appreciated.

Thanks

im sure that you will only be getting one power feed to the headunit, so it will not turn on. You will have to run a separate switched ignition power line to the headunit.

Yeah, the ignition switch for the standard stereo is built into the stereo. You will need to source an ignition live from somewhere in the cars loom. I'll be doing mine very soon. I kniw of an ignition live on the light switch, black/yellow wire in fuse box. But I want one a bit closer so don't have to wire it as far

Thanks for the reply's, something like this into the fuse box then? http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=221053776979

Thanks again

check the link above mate everything you need to know is on there and its a simple guide, it is what i refered to when i did mine and all is well.
it also shows you earthing points too which are handy.

Almost there sorted all the power supply as per the guide above, only problem I have is the Aerial, although its the correct fittment there's absolutely no reception, I've read about the Aerial boosters but they all seem to suggest the booster is for improved mw reception andy one else had this issue?

Have you powered the aerial ? 8L's have a "Power Antenna"

hi robsta3,
sorry to revive an old thread but im having a nightmare with my audi a3 8l.
i want to change my head unit but i dont know which harness to choose.
is everything alright now with the pc9-401? how about the rear speakers? since i heard that if the wrong harness is used you could get problems with the rear speakers. my audi has no bose and no sub.