A3 57 Plate S line Wheels & Wing Mirror Caps - Quick Q

A3_Rider

Reaction score
I have the 20 arm wheels you can have fitted as standard from factory instead of the 5 arm, they are on an S line 57 Plate.

I want to change them for the 5 arm, they are in perfect condition no damage etc. Would this be a simple swap if I used the 5 arm or did Audi have to change the wheel and attachment layout for this wheel, so the 5 arm may not fit straight on?

Also there are chrome cap covers on the wing mirror back only, can these come off easy or not? They are on pretty tight.

Should I trade these wheels for the 5 arm or sell and get new ones? These are genuine wheels for the A3 and I want only genuine 5 arm 18" for A3 S line ones (I think RS6 wheels?).

:yum:

*edit*

Its this wheel

58799b7554057.jpg

for this one

2004to2007audia3sline18.jpg

Last edited:
they will fit on with no mods at all mate i dont know of any manufacturer changing anything to put on different wheels , the mirror caps come off easy enough first get the glass out if you brake them they arent that expensive second under the mirror there is some screws on the black plastic bit then give the cap a bit of a wiggle and it should come off there is locating things on the cap itself that plug into the base of the mirror its easy enough tho

courtesy of h5djr:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/h5djr/elsawin/remove door mirror.pdf

wheels will be a straight swap. you should have no problems with OEM A3 or A4 wheels. i'd go for the A4s personally, they fill the arches better.

personally i don't really like the BBS split "20 spoke" wheels, but you can sell them for a fair bit cos they're quite sought after and it seems a shame to replace them with run-of-the-mill S-Line wheels. have you considered anything else?

courtesy of h5djr:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/h5djr/elsawin/remove door mirror.pdf

wheels will be a straight swap. you should have no problems with OEM A3 or A4 wheels. i'd go for the A4s personally, they fill the arches better.

personally i don't really like the BBS split "20 spoke" wheels, but you can sell them for a fair bit cos they're quite sought after and it seems a shame to replace them with run-of-the-mill S-Line wheels. have you considered anything else?

Agree with Sub A4 alloys are much better as they sit nicely in the arches

Main reason is I don't want the insurance worry, and my car isn't an S3 so both bits have to go. I looked at getting the A3 wheels brand new but almost 1k for a swap and not for styling is too much.

I 'think' the mirror caps are stuck on, they dont cover the whole mirror, just covering the back like they are stuck on - do I still need to remove?

I'm thinking I might get some good used 5 spoke then sell the 20 arm if I cant trade.

try using a heatgun or a hairdryer heat the mirror up it might will come off if its just stuck on with double sided tape or similar

Oh yeah you can do that with the badge too, ill try it I think its that stubborn 3M sticky crap!

yeah the 18" ones

Thats a shame...i just dumped a set of those 5 spokes.:(

Thats a shame...i just dumped a set of those 5 spokes.:(

yeah and me, gutted!

To be honest to the op, doing this wheel swap should earn you money!! The 20 spokes are much more in demand than the 5 spokes. I'm sure you would find someone to swap on here. If not then selling your 20 spokes and buying some second hand 5 spokes should leave you in the money.

18" OEM 20 spokes sell for circa £750 with tyres and the 5 arm go for peanuts some times so you should definitely make money on the swap mate! The mirror covers are just screwed in, think it's 2 screw on each one. and they pop out with a lil force needed sometimes.

Last edited:
The 20 spokes are beautiful and as a standard Audi option and same size as 5 arm should not be an Insurance issue. We had on our last 08 SB (£200 option)and loved them. Far nicer than the more common 5 arm! Just my 2p!

Lee and Paddy noooooo!!! :crying:

The insurance is my main worry, have you seen the new documents now? "We may void your insurance claim if you have made any changes, including any optional extra on your vehicle". Then it talks about how you must tell them everything, its pretty pathetic!

I'll ask for the new price of having the wheels, I did try a few and they increased by 1-1.5k :noway:

For the wing mirror; I can just pull the glass out to see the back? They are heated/tinted glass.

The 20 spoke's are an optional extra, if your car is an s line then it would come with the 5 spoke (ronal) wheels as standard. Hence there should be no change in your premium as your actually removing an extra rather than adding one!