1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A3 56 Plate 2.0 TDI Quattro 170 S-line - ADVICE / TUNING

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by samst, Jun 22, 2010.

1. samst

samst New Member

[Jun 22, 2010]
    Hi Lads im new here... any advice would be much apreciated!

My engine light came up so I took the car into my local garage and asked them to test what was wrong. The report came up with 3 errors:

1. 19558 Intake Manifold Flap Motor - V157 (no signal)
    2. 19557 Intake Manifold Flap Motor - V157 (open circuit/short to ground)
    3. 17075 Radiator Fan 1 (short to ground)

I have been informed that the intake manifold flap motor must be replaced. Since this happened though I have done about 3000 miles and the car still drive fine. The total milage is 60,000.

There are a few little problems but im not sure if they are related... The aircon switches off randomly and the coolent level slowely goes down. I have checked and replaced fuse 8 but this has not solved the problem.

Any suggestions!?

On another note... I am also looking to get the car remapped. I like to go fast... what should I be aiming for and will I have to sort the problems above before I can have the remap done.

Cheers Lads...

Sam
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 19, 2014]

3. b19ctr

b19ctr The King of Cannock

[Jun 22, 2010]
    The manifold flap is a common problem my mates had the same on his Passat TDI he paid £240 including labor for the new one and not had any issues since.