A3 - 3dr. Window Tinting?

Audi Adz

Reaction score
Heya guys quick post,

Whats the best way to tint my rear windows?

How cheap is it to do it yourself?

Is it any good if you do it yourself and how long will it last without bubbling etc..?

Many Thanks People in Advance!

Adz :) :)

The tint itself is not that expensive, but if you want it to look good I wouldn't do it yourself if you haven't done it before, you wouldn't want the tint to start peeling off. Shouldn't cost more then £100 for the rears to be done by someone who knows what there doing. :thumbsup:

I agree mate, i seriously would not recommend doing the tints yourself. Get them professionally done, full car shouldn't cost more than £125-150 depending on who you go to. Plus, many companies will give garuntee i.e. 5years. The place i got them done from has given me lifetime garuntee so if they do peel off i can always go back.

If you do decide to do them yourself, the tint sheet cost around 20ish from like halfords but i'm sure you'll be able to get them cheaper on net or sumat - NOT RECOMMENDED THOUGH

Your can get back three windows as dark as you want but the the front two you are not legally allowed to put any tints on

i had my rears done a few months back very happy with the results i had a pro fit it as i tryed myself and its a hell of alot harder than it looks beleve me i would get a pro to do it but tis your choice after all

a quick pic of the rear of my car
12122010051.jpg

Use a pro or you'll regret it, had mine done by same pro for years & not 1 issue, bubble etc, well worthwhile.

Agree, Use a pro!!
Its alot harder than it looks.

Nathan ? He recommended one to me abit back, they wernt cheap but they looked good if he sees this he might say. Can't member were in Manc they were

get it done by a pro it will not look good if you try to do it your self the guy who does my cars does it for £80 and will fix it even if small bubbles appear and you are not happy.

Hey Guys,

Cheers for all the information its greatly thanked! :)

Yeah going to get it done by the pro's! :) Think its best LOL.

Does anyone know any good places that do it and its not an arm and a leg, in or around the Stoke-On-Trent/ Stoke area??

P.s. "fnmrst" your car looks mint fella! that exsac what i'd want doing what % is your rear windows?

Cheers All,

Adz :)

if you put 50% in front you wont get bothered by cops i got stopped once and the cop said oh its not that dark so he let me go , on my previous car i had 35 all around and i was forced to take it off so i guess fnmrst windows at are at 35%?

Hey Guys,

Does anyone know any good places that do it and its not an arm and a leg, in or around the Stoke-On-Trent/ Stoke area??

P.s. "fnmrst" your car looks mint fella! that exsac what i'd want doing what % is your rear windows?

Cheers All,

It should cost you too much mate, I get mine done for £100 with lifetime warrenty fror peeling/bubbles etc.
My person usually charges £150 for 5dr cars and £125 for 3dr cars. You should be paying more than that. I would also suggest you get a no quible garuntee with the tints (This just proves the company knows and will do a good job).

Good luck and hope we se pics aswell

Hey Guys,

Cheers All,

cheers mate mine is medium smoked dont know what percentage is soz prob 35% as said but not 1005 sure on that

Last edited: