1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A3 3door, door squeaking!!

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by The Slug, Jan 10, 2005.

1. The Slug

The Slug Active Member VCDS Map User

[Jan 10, 2005]
    Took my car into audi cause the doors on my car were squeaking (rattling) a little, they stuck some felt strips inside were the doors close at the top edge.

Kept squeakin after another month or so, i told them, have u no better solution to this problem instead of just felt strips on inner edge of door body.

Appearantly AUDI have instructed this work , plus they tell me they use a silicon for the rubbers on the doors, once this drys out it happens etc..

Any1 else had this problem?

Many thanks.

2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 26, 2014]

3. alexkoon

alexkoon Member

[Jan 10, 2005]
    I had this on my first audi - and A3 1.8T. It was a known problem and when I took it in they put what looks like sellotape on the door frame where the rubber touches. This had absolutely no effect on the squeak so I took it in again. This time they pulled out the rubber seals and reseated them - this sorted it out.

I had a similar problem on a BMW I had. Read the BM forums and newsgroups and found that BMW parts have something called gummipfledge which is a gel like substance. I spread this thinly on the rubber seals. This again fixed the squeak.
  4. The Slug

The Slug Active Member VCDS Map User

[Jan 10, 2005]
    thanks ak47, might get stealers to reseat the rubbers