1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A3 3.2 vs 2. FSI vs 2.0TDi MPG?

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by imported_hornet_basher, May 6, 2005.

1. Japper

Japper Ibis S3 Fan Club

[ QUOTE ]
    Nope, at least according to accelerationg graphs, TDI changed gear at ~66mph, and FSI at ~59mph, so they're both approaching gearchange soon (but that 59mph explains the 0-60 figure though). FSI's third should reach 90mph.

Anyway, can't be the gearchange.

[/ QUOTE ]

You really do make it up as you go along, don't you !

Taken from my earlier post of Autocar figures ( see I quote fact, you never have - What acceleration graphs )

TDI gear ratios
    Max power at 4000 revs. Limiter @ 4300rpm

FSI gear ratios
    Max power at 6000 revs. Limiter @ 6500rpm ?

So TDI needs 3 gear changes to get to both 60 and 80 ( 4th gear required ) while FSI needs only 2 gear changes for both ( 3rd gear required )

Also from same Autocar figures the TDI is indeed quicker by the 100mph mark.

The difference or anomolly ( spelling ) between 60-80 is probably caused by the leggy 3rd gear on the FSI, if you look at the ratio spacing.
  2. brandona4

brandona4 Member

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/snore.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/snore.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/snore.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/snore.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/snore.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/snore.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/snore.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/snore.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/snore.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/snore.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/snore.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/snore.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/snore.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/snore.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/snore.gif
  3. Japper

Japper Ibis S3 Fan Club

[ QUOTE ]
    /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/snore.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/snore.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/snore.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/snore.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/snore.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/snore.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/snore.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/snore.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/snore.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/snore.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/snore.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/snore.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/snore.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/snore.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/snore.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You tired /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif
  4. brandona4

brandona4 Member

I hate diesels and swear by petrol, but even i would admit that on the road a TDI would eat an 2.0FSI for breakfast!
  5. Japper

Japper Ibis S3 Fan Club

[ QUOTE ]
    I hate diesels and swear by petrol, but even i would admit that on the road a TDI would eat an 2.0FSI for breakfast!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm getting bored myself, cue the phrase "Like hitting my head against a brick wall" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
  6. Amchlolor

Amchlolor Active Member

Crikey,even the FSI owner I work with admits my TDI is quicker,and easier to drive faster.
  7. gizze

gizze Member

A mate of mine who has a Mkiv gti, just traded it in for a MkV GTtdi after having a drive in my TDI S-Line.
  8. jungle

jungle Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Fantastic. This post was actually about relative MPG figures, but it was always going to end up as a debate on whether diesel or petrol is the most powerful.

Here's a thought - whats the most OBSCURE topic you could post, that could be relied upon to end with another diesel vs petrol power argument?

My humble offering is about to go online...

[/ QUOTE ]

see "Tyre Life" thread for proof....

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif