1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A3 3.2 vs 2. FSI vs 2.0TDi MPG?

imported_hornet_basher May 6, 2005

1. Japper

Japper Ibis S3 Fan Club

[ QUOTE ]
    Nope, at least according to accelerationg graphs, TDI changed gear at ~66mph, and FSI at ~59mph, so they're both approaching gearchange soon (but that 59mph explains the 0-60 figure though). FSI's third should reach 90mph.

Anyway, can't be the gearchange.

[/ QUOTE ]

You really do make it up as you go along, don't you !

Taken from my earlier post of Autocar figures ( see I quote fact, you never have - What acceleration graphs )

TDI gear ratios
    Max power at 4000 revs. Limiter @ 4300rpm

FSI gear ratios
    Max power at 6000 revs. Limiter @ 6500rpm ?

So TDI needs 3 gear changes to get to both 60 and 80 ( 4th gear required ) while FSI needs only 2 gear changes for both ( 3rd gear required )

Also from same Autocar figures the TDI is indeed quicker by the 100mph mark.

The difference or anomolly ( spelling ) between 60-80 is probably caused by the leggy 3rd gear on the FSI, if you look at the ratio spacing.

2. brandona4

brandona4 Member

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/snore.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/snore.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/snore.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/snore.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/snore.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/snore.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/snore.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/snore.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/snore.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/snore.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/snore.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/snore.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/snore.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/snore.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/snore.gif

3. Japper

Japper Ibis S3 Fan Club

[ QUOTE ]
    /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/snore.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/snore.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/snore.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/snore.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/snore.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/snore.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/snore.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/snore.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/snore.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/snore.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/snore.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/snore.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/snore.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/snore.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/snore.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You tired /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

4. brandona4

brandona4 Member

I hate diesels and swear by petrol, but even i would admit that on the road a TDI would eat an 2.0FSI for breakfast!

5. Japper

Japper Ibis S3 Fan Club

[ QUOTE ]
    I hate diesels and swear by petrol, but even i would admit that on the road a TDI would eat an 2.0FSI for breakfast!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm getting bored myself, cue the phrase "Like hitting my head against a brick wall" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

6. Amchlolor

Amchlolor Active Member

Crikey,even the FSI owner I work with admits my TDI is quicker,and easier to drive faster.

7. gizze

gizze Member

A mate of mine who has a Mkiv gti, just traded it in for a MkV GTtdi after having a drive in my TDI S-Line.

8. jungle

jungle Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Fantastic. This post was actually about relative MPG figures, but it was always going to end up as a debate on whether diesel or petrol is the most powerful.

Here's a thought - whats the most OBSCURE topic you could post, that could be relied upon to end with another diesel vs petrol power argument?

My humble offering is about to go online...

[/ QUOTE ]

see "Tyre Life" thread for proof....

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif