1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A3 2L FSI Oil Pressure Warning Light

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by GIGA3, Jun 21, 2008.

1. GIGA3

GIGA3 New Member

Hi,

I purchased A3 FSI Sportsback 2L and I want to see if anyone else had any issues with the 'Oil Pressure' warning lights? Car is 2005 model with approx 20000 miles on the odometer. The first time oil pressure warning light lit was about a month ago and I took it to Audi service where they claimed to fix the problem. 1 month later oil pressure warning light came back. I checked for oil level using the dipstick and it has oil in the engine. I don't drive the car often and the interesting thing I noticed is that the light comes on when the car is really low on fuel. Both times that the light lit was when I was low on fuel. Anyone had similar issues? can anyone suggest what's wrong here and should I worry?

Thanks guys...:redrs4::kissmyrings:

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. RobinA3

RobinA3 Well-Known Member

i would find someone local with VAGCOM and ask them to do a scan for you to see if any fault codes have been listed on the ECU, that would tell you what was causing the oil warning.