A3 2.0t mpg

StantonA3

Reaction score
Hi guys first time on this was just wondering the guys with A3 2.0t what your mpg is I have been driving really careful for the last week and the best I can get it is 25mpg is this about right but soon as I put the foot down a bit goes to like 20 21mpg just wondering if this was about right for this car thanks

I have a mk5 gti with the same engine and i get around 50 miles to every £10 fuel, thats roughly how i measure all my cars, I was getting similair from a Volvo D5 so its not to bad come to think of it. 25 does seem a bit low, I used to manage that in an ex police T5, something must be the matter with your car.

Are you using normal or super unleaded?

Yeah thought 25 was low came on this to see what everyone els was getting someone told me I should be getting 30mpg jus using normal unleaded mate

I know its the case for my golf so im assuming its the case for your a3 (although i may be wrong) but if they are the same engine i dont see why not, but they require 97 or higher octane fuel, normal 95 stuff doesnt allow the engine to run in FSI mode properly. try filling up with tesco ultimum, its only £1.07 a litre and its good stuff, you should see an improvement, when i use normal unleaded when im running out and theres no tesco around, i find my mpg is **** aswell.

I will give that fuel a try mate see if that makes a difference really don't want to sell the car because of that thanks for your time mate

I am getting 23-25 in the S3 ,when driven sensibly, so you might not be far off tbh ?

I am getting 23-25 in the S3 ,when driven sensibly, so you might not be far off tbh ?
Thats with the extra power and extra weight of the 4wd system, thats easily 3-5mpg less, plus he has been using normal fuel, I think after he uses the right fuel he will see the correct figures. That should be his first port of call.

Sorry. I thought op was in a Quattro , I use normal fuel as well though , no sul here !