1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A3 2.0L TDI Turbo Inlet pipe upgrade?

Herbsta1c Jul 29, 2011

1. Herbsta1c

Herbsta1c Member

Hi guys and gals,

as the title says - has anyone done this on their TDI?

if so does it make much difference to throttle response and also does anyone know where i can get hold of the aluminium upgrade kit as i cant find it on the net anywhere for a TDI?

Cheers

Chris

2. ryanrich

ryanrich New Member

I'm actually also interested to know whether this makes a difference on the TDI's. Quite a popular mod on the petrol turbo's...

3. Herbsta1c

Herbsta1c Member

yeah i know that's why i am intrigued to find out - if it does then its a certain mod for me. i think it will make a difference as an aliminium intake pipe doesn't stretch like the rubber one that is factory fitted

4. Matt_S

Matt_S Member

Have a search, as there was a discussion on here a while ago as Forge were looking into developing one.

5. Lance-22

Lance-22 A3TDI

what would be the benefit of fitting this? i.e what does it improve on the petrol turbo models?

6. Matt_S

Matt_S Member

The petrols had issues with the boost pipe collapsing after remaps. So with the updated pipe, the pressure could be wound up a little more, I think they claimed up to an extra 10bhp... Though I don't know how accurate that is :)

7. danb986

danb986 In awe of VCDS Team Daytona

So it doesn't give you an extra 10bhp, it just allows you to turn up the boost by another 10bhp without the pipe being a problem?
    Am I understanding that right?

Or do they mean that you'll gain 10bhp by fitting the pipe?

8. Matt_S

Matt_S Member

Errrm, you may have to find someone who has had it... As tbh I can't remember! I wouldn't want to give you duff Gen.
    I know from the AGU and BAM 1.8t's from the older audis and golfs....