1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A3 2.0FSi (petrol) cut out at 70mph on motorway

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by JohnboyC, Nov 17, 2011.

1. JohnboyC

JohnboyC Member

[Nov 17, 2011]
    Hi all....

I hope someone out there can throw some light on this 'problem' a work colleague has with her 2005 55 Reg car, with about 84K miles on it.

Outside lane on M6 doing 70mph
    Engine just cuts out - thankfully she got car over to hard shoulder no probs.

She gets Greenflag out - they cannot find anything obviously wrong with car...except engine coolant is a bit low so they top it up.

So she then manages to get car restarted (but ESP & ABS lights are stuck on), but car behaves itself on 15 mile trip to work from where it cut out. On restarting car at work, teh ESP & ABS lights go out correctly.

So I take my VAGCOM in next day to work to check out what error codes there may be

Under Engine there are the following 2 codes :

012425 - Signal line for fuel pump electronic - Electronic malfunction, P3089 -002 Lower limit exceeded - there have been 254 occurances of this fault.

Next fault

005445 Throttle valve controller malfunction P1545 -008 Implausible Signal - Intermittant - There has only been one instance of this fault

I did not clear the faults, incase she has to take car to Audi garage to have codes read again.

Whats the opinion folks ????
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 17, 2014]

3. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

4. Khufu

Khufu Active Member

[Nov 17, 2011]
    I'm sure I read the early pumps did sometimes fail but what they are talking about is the black box that sits on top of the fuel pump. Worth trying ebay, its a 5 min job requiring no tools. The 2nd error could just be a result of the engine dying & the flap getting out of sync.
  5. bruce2610

bruce2610 New Member

[Nov 18, 2011]
    This happened to mine about 6 months ago. The filter on the bottom of the sender unit gets clogged up. You can clean them out but it would probs happen again so I changed mine. It cost around £150 but I changed it myself. Hope this helps!