A3 2.0 TFSI panel air filter

TomL83

Reaction score
I'm looking at getting a replacement aftermarket air filter for my 2011 Audi A3 2.0 TFSI.

Iv had a green cotton one in the past on my Golf PD150 but what make is best to go for? Can anyone recommend one? I have been looking at pipercross for about £36 off eBay.

I have been looking at the same filter myself, I don't think it's going to make any extra power though, just improve the sound. I can recommend against oiled filters, I had one for a while and binned it when I saw the inside of the turbo intake pipe, took a day to wash the oil out.

Yeh just checked my standard paper one and it looks terrible so thought i may aswell get a better one. Just been on the pipercross website and I think I need the PP1621 filter as my engine is the CCZ code.

Just ordered one from the pipercross website for £36 with free delivery.

Time to start saving for a milltek exhaust and remap.

Reactions: sliced
Should have just bought oem and saved a few pounds.

Needs dyno runs with new oe Vs performance .

But I know what the outcome will be .

I'm under no illusions, I will be very surprised if it makes any power, I'm just curious to see what happens. I will be logging before and after and will report any difference. I am hoping for a better induction sound though.

The diode mod is a dirty trick to fool the ecu into thinking I am running stock boost when in fact I run 19psi. Basically it allows me to get as much power as a remap, without actually paying for a remap.

I'm under no illusions, I will be very surprised if it makes any power, I'm just curious to see what happens. I will be logging before and after and will report any difference. I am hoping for a better induction sound though.

The diode mod is a dirty trick to fool the ecu into thinking I am running stock boost when in fact I run 19psi. Basically it allows me to get as much power as a remap, without actually paying for a remap.

Sounds like a good mod. Don't think its something I would be confident doing myself.