1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A3 2.0 tdi wobbles on tickover

petej May 9, 2013

1. petej

petej New Member

Hi, I new to this site and new to Audi. I have finally just purchased a 2006 A3 2.0 TDI S-line 140bhp which I love, But I'm looking for a little help with a problem, the car is wobbling on idle! drives perfect! I have read many comments and believe the best course of action is to get the timing checked and set? (its had a new cam belt 6 month ago before I bought the car at a audi dealer 55k )
    I have ordered a v-com lead, but need to know what the correct values should be and what should I expect to see? or any other ideas what it could be! . I live in Derby, Derbyshire, could any one recommend anyone who they trust and have solved this issue that I could got to or talk to?

Thank you for any help and guidance.

Peter

2. Pops848

Pops848 Active Member

If it is the PD engine you might find a flywheel the cause of your problems. I'm no expert but after researching the issue this could be the problem... if you bought from a dealer get the car back ASAP as it's not cheap depending on gearbox.

3. petej

petej New Member

Thank you for the advice, unfortunately it’s not under warranty! So I am probably going to pursue all the easier and cheaper options first (fingers crossed) thanks again