1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A3 2.0 Tdi sport - S line order??

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by smudger, May 19, 2005.

1. smudger

smudger New Member

[May 19, 2005]
    Hi Everyone,

I'm just about to order a new A3 3 door(2006 model) and i'm having no joy from the Audi dealer.

Can anyone confirm if the new s line package is available on all sport models - not just on the DSG and quattro? The Audi press release states it's a 1000 quid upgrade - but the dealers i have contacted have mixed views.

Has anyone orderd a 2.0TDI manual sport SLine ?

Thanks

Matt
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 22, 2014]

3. imported_Spin140

imported_Spin140 Guest

[May 19, 2005]
    Theres a thread in this section that covered this, S-line is available on all sport models mnus the rear spoiler which is extra /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
  4. Amchlolor

Amchlolor Active Member

[May 19, 2005]
    When I ordered my tdi S-line I could not get a manual one.

It was DSG and that's that.

Perhaps Audi have relaxed this,which will hack me off a bit as I'm not the biggest DSG fan in the world...
  5. Japper

Japper Ibis S3 Fan Club

[May 19, 2005]
    The TDI S-line has only ever been available with the DSG transmission. According to Audi UK website this has not changed with the facelift.
  6. Amchlolor

Amchlolor Active Member

[May 19, 2005]
    Cheers for that Japper..

Saves me going to Speccy cars and scrawling 'B***ARDS' all over their windows.
  7. imported_Skywalker

imported_Skywalker Guest

[May 19, 2005]
    Look again at the Audi website.
    Go to new cars, A3, configure your A3, click on S-Line then engine. You will see a 2.0TDi 6 speed manual. Its been available since December.
  8. Amchlolor

Amchlolor Active Member

[May 19, 2005]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Look again at the Audi website.
    Go to new cars, A3, configure your A3, click on S-Line then engine. You will see a 2.0TDi 6 speed manual. Its been available since December.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't think so.
    I ordered mine in February and a you could NOT get a manual S-line.

Tdi S-line = DSG,simple as.
  9. smudger

smudger New Member

[May 19, 2005]
    Checked the Audi website - it says the 2.0TDI is only available as a DSG or quattro.

Just spoke to two dealers - they have a new (june) price and specification that has not been implemented on the web. One said that the new A3 TDI 3 door sport manual is avlliable as an S-line (1000 quid).

Had a look on the audi.de site - it also suggests is available on all sports.

Thanks for all your help - but i'm still going round in circles. Anyone any other ideas?
  10. Eeef

Eeef Lord of War

[May 19, 2005]
    [ QUOTE ]
    The TDI S-line has only ever been available with the DSG transmission. According to Audi UK website this has not changed with the facelift.

[/ QUOTE ]

The audi configurator shows a 6 speed option with quattro and always has done.
  11. Amchlolor

Amchlolor Active Member

[May 19, 2005]
    Just played with the configurator

It goes like this;

3 door S-line
    Quattro with 6 speed manual or front wheel drive with DSG.

No 'normal' manual option.

Sportback is still DSG or nothing.
  12. Japper

Japper Ibis S3 Fan Club

[May 19, 2005]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The audi configurator shows a 6 speed option with quattro and always has done.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now you know I meant front wheel drive /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
  13. smudger

smudger New Member

[May 19, 2005]
    Just had an email from the dealer.

As the Audi Press release states - the S-line upgrade will be avaiable for all varients of the Audi A3 sport. They have confirmed that a 2.0tdi sport can be upgraded to an S-line spec for and additional £1000 and for an additional £950 you can have a the new exterior package (new bumpers + spoiler)

I rang the dealer and she confirmed that on the 2003 model range the s-line package was only avaiable on the "top price" a3 varients (the DSG + Quattro) but on the 2006 model it will be avaiable as an upgrade to all sport models. This specification car is avaaiable to order now on a 12 week delivery.
  14. imported_unkle

imported_unkle Guest

[May 19, 2005]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Just had an email from the dealer

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, by strange coincidence I was inquiring about this today:

"Dear Mr ***, many thanks for your interest in the A3. as promised please find pricing.

Lead times are currently late july for orders placed now. we require just £1,000 deposit and handle all the registration etc.

The cost for your specification will be £17,090, 2.0 tdi sport S line, incl rear park sensors, met paint 6 x cd, m/f st wheel, and we will be pleased to take your car in p/ex.

I look forward to assisting further,

Best regards,

John Day

Tax Free & Diplomatic Sales Manager

H.R.Owen (Export Division)

279 Finchley Road

London NW3 6LT"

I assumed this was for manual non quattro as I dislike DSG and he said Quattro didnt add anything to resale value, will email in the morning for clarification about whether it comes with DSG/spoiler/skirt package etc etc...

*confused* /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif