a3 2.0 tdi slight misfire at idle ??

westu_123

Reaction score
hi have a 2.0 tdi a3 54 plate can drives fine plenty of power just every now and again at idle i feal a little judder from inside car was wondering if anybody can shed some light on the subject it as if it is missing ever so slighty

mine dose the same warming up so did my dodge caliber

mine only does it now and again and does it when its warm too

its the derv power its cant be controled lol oh and my 206 gti hdi did it that was worst

I have a slightly rough idle both when the engine is cold and warm. The previous owner had the car checked on VAGCOM however no faults were found. Seems like it could be a 'characteristic'?

hey guys does it sound like a chattering noise coming from the engine? and also does the car shudder on occasions when you have it in park? (mine is dsg) but it goes away when you select drive? i hope this is what you are talking about as i get worried when i first get in the car and turn the engine on! sometimes when its fully warmed up it goes away though but first i thought the sound was coming from the cambelt!

The PD140 BKD engine has a slightly ruff ideal to it. The engine judders and the revs with fluctuate slightly. If you find it annoying just get the revs raised by a few hundred rpm as that sorts it.

how can you adjust the revs can this be done with vag.com thanks

hi (devonmikeyboy) i have a 2.0 tdi engine 140 bhp what does bkd stand for? sorry! yes i was wondering if you would be able to adjist the revs with vagcom too how much do you think this would cost? had anybody had it done on here? ian

bkd is just the engine code - it doesnt stand for anything other than as a means to identify it.
Mine doesnt miss but it has had a new timing belt and the torsion value is bang on zero. a slightly older belt whilst being well on the good side of ok may have stretched ever so slightly and moved the torsion value.
This can be adjusted on the vernier cams- having said that some people have found moving the idle rpm cures it and thats easier them adjusting cams.
Ian if you said what town or county your in some friendly audi sporter may do it for you for beer money or a lot cheaper than the dealer - who probably wouldnt want to anyway

hey guys does it sound like a chattering noise coming from the engine? and also does the car shudder on occasions when you have it in park? (mine is dsg) but it goes away when you select drive? i hope this is what you are talking about as i get worried when i first get in the car and turn the engine on! sometimes when its fully warmed up it goes away though but first i thought the sound was coming from the cambelt!

Sounds pretty much like mine (althought I haven't noticed any chattering). I had my cambelt replaced approx 3000 miles ago and it's not made any difference to the rough idle of the car. It's not bad and I can live with it but it doesn't sound as smooth as it should.

(jameshughes1974) thankyou very much for explaining that, much appreciated mate (Y) i have trouble catching up with how people talk in what is (morse code) to me! and normal to other users, using these codes for everything! i would deffiniteley buy someone a pint or willing to give money to someone if they would be able to do it haha. i live in manchester in whitefield so not too far from the centre. i had the car serviced yesterday and the mechanic said everything was spot on! although i think i need a second opinion the be absolutley sure even though you guys have a rough idle too! sureley the quality of an audi shouldnt have a rough anything! does anyone experience that the roughness goes away when the engine is fully warm? thanks for the help once again.