A3 2.0 TDI REMAP? BHP ANY 1,,

tjllanrug

Reaction score
Im just wondering what people recommend on these 2.0 tdi maps etc?
standard 140bhp , just had new turbo 10k ago

positive and negative ..
what power gain , torque etc ?
much appreciate any info

I'm new on this forum, but saw a lot of similar topics already. Just try better when searching, possibly use google. :)

hi thanks, for replys ye been told the turbo etc wont last but its new? i should look out for my car is standard other than a de cat

A remap by any decent tuner will ensure your turbo lasts beyond the test drive!!

Check the connectors on the boost pipes. Depending on age the lugs may be worn and may pop off once the car is mapped. Check for oily residue around the connections as this normally indicates they are leaking

Also clean out the EGR valve too

If it's a non quattro, then there shouldn't be any downside - the quattro can suffer from clutch issues if it's tired.

Depends where you are based for people to recommend someone.

Thanks, Rick

Hi mate had mine done around a month ago and he's said it's usually a 37ish bhp increase, definitely notice the lower end torque and haven't had any issues yet... Touch wood!

Been a year, remapped to 181bhp.
No problems.

Just make sure you get a decent remap.

After 6 years and 100k miles the car still has the original turbo. Go to a reputable tuner, ensure you do not just chase the highest BHP number and everything will be fine for a long time.