1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A3 2.0 TDI owners POTENTIAL PROBLEM

Discussion in 'Diesel forum' started by stevehsv868, Jul 11, 2007.

1. stevehsv868

stevehsv868 Unofficial Audi UK Endurance Test Driver

[Jul 11, 2007]
    Hello

we have a 54 reg A3 2.0 TDI Sline DSG same as mine just 12 months older,

its covered 45,000 miles , and recently developed a strange noise that is really hard to decribe, its like a squeely rattley sound , and is quite loud, and my A3 2.0 TDI sline DSG makes no such noise at all.

it only makes this noise when your in a high gear at low revs and you put ur foot down,

Stoke audi said they couldnt find the fault :shrug:

not satisfied so iwent to :-

Stafford audi, said the noise is due to the variable nozzel turbo vanes adjusting for maximum torque, your car has had a hard life, and they have worn, but we will not replace the turbo:no:

still not satified i had to write a letter to audi uk as the car is still within warrenty

they said bring it back to stoke audi and go out for a test drive with our top tecknichian :hi:

so we went for a drive , and he said yeah there was a noise , but they do make that noise. I had to argue with him to get him to admit there was a fault, finally he agree it have the car in for two days to try to find rectify the fault.

finally they have admitted there is a fault and a new turbo is on order , :idea:

suprise suprise they have none in stock in the UK :banghead:

but nevermind that, the problem will finally be sorted, even though i had to take the long hard road to get it done. in my view audi need to shape up, if i haddent persued the fault, i would still have a faulty turbo

has anyone else had a similar probelm with their 2.0 TDI ????
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 23, 2014]