A3 2.0 tdi DSG knock and wobble

Lenos

Reaction score
Hi guys, bought a car as a project but something has come up which I am not sure what the issue is.

Couple of issues:
1. Upon letting off of the accelerator there is a knock then when accelerate again there is another knock.

2. Wobble on acceleration for some reason.

I have changed the subframe the dogbone mount and both wishbones.

Anybody had the same problems ?

Also may need to sell the car due to a change in priorities. Let me know if interested in which I can provide more information. This is a car that requires tlc and someone willing to put some money into it.

Thanks

Hi
when did the car last have a dsg service

I don't have a clue, it is on 120k and has part service history and I think I remember seeing one within the history.

Hi mate first port of call would be to have the dsg oil changed, and filter. Needs to be changed every 38,000 miles so is probably well over due.

Hi guys, bought a car as a project but something has come up which I am not sure what the issue is.

Couple of issues:
1. Upon letting off of the accelerator there is a knock then when accelerate again there is another knock.

2. Wobble on acceleration for some reason.

I have changed the subframe the dogbone mount and both wishbones.

Anybody had the same problems ?

Also may need to sell the car due to a change in priorities. Let me know if interested in which I can provide more information. This is a car that requires tlc and someone willing to put some money into it.

Thanks
Did you get this sorted, have this problem also. Local mechanic said something near the gearbox is making noise but the car drives perfectly, just the noise.