a3 2.0 tdi 2004 8p shudder on idle when warm, timing???

chrisy t

Reaction score
Hi guys, ive had this problem for ages now and i have recently purchased vag-com i eonderd can somebody tell me how i can tell if my timing is out using vag com? something to do with the cam timing? I have had a shudder, idle vibration since i bought the car a year ago and ive done 9000 miles in it since. Also how do i up my idle speed with vag-com? Do you think the vibration could be the result of timing? Also it had a timing belt kit fitted 15000 miles ago, however thats all it had, a water pump was never fitted at that time! For me its common sence to replace the water pump aswell. Do you think this is an issue? Should i replace the whole kit again, i.e. water pump timing belt kit etc. Also is this a job i could do myself? How much would this cost? Would be great if someone knows what my problem could be with the rough idle and vibration.

Cheers
Chris

It could be the throttle body, its common for it to go faulty, had a similar thing with my car. Mine didn't through up any faults for a while then the engine light came on so though it was time to replace it.

only the front cam can be checked in vag com the rear cam has to be manualy checked which is 99% shacking on idle fault

throttle body wont cause bad idle unless theres an air leak it ONLY stops the shudder when switching engine of

Last edited: