A3 1.8T V's 3.2 quattro DSG

2pac

E3 APC
Reaction score
I've found me way onto this forum coz I'm hoping to purchase an A3 1.8T. But another manager at work has gone an bought a brand spanking 3.2 quattro A3 with DSG. He's confused at why I'm going from a modded gtir/ 160+mph capable 200s background to a lower performance car but thats my business. Its just hes a very conpetitive bloke!!!! So my question to you good chaps is simple. What do reckon the little 1.8T could do with a 3.2 quattro once on the blackstuff. As I've mentioned in other posts I won't be going for crazy mods. Just a panel filter and re-map, so 200bhp/200lb-ft. And it will be running on 18's I wud hope. I don't intend to buy the 1.8T as a balls out street racer, its just hes been winding me up all day and I need a bit of ammo.

Specs I'm aware of: 250bhp, 236 lb'ft, 0-60 in 6.3 with the dsg, but heavy at 1525kilos. I'm not bothered about top end, although I keep hearing confliting reports of wether the 155 in governed or not.

U reckon power to wait cud be the decider, and he'll surely loose around 12% of that power through the 4x4 system

Let me know what U think

Regards

Andy

I reckon the 3.2 feels a fair bit quicker than a chipped A3...no doubt about it! the 3.2 isnt as slow as some might think.

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
I reckon the 3.2 feels a fair bit quicker than a chipped A3...no doubt about it! the 3.2 isnt as slow as some might think.

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

So, the debate starts.........
I knew the first reply wud be bad news. Its just I hate going off 'figures' coz its all about the 'on the road' characteristics. Surely he wudn't destroy me??

[ QUOTE ]
2pac said:
[ QUOTE ]

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

So, the debate starts.........
I knew the first reply wud be bad news. Its just I hate going off 'figures' coz its all about the 'on the road' characteristics. Surely he wudn't destroy me??

[/ QUOTE ]

Well definately not... but i reckon he will be quicker. I drove my A3 in its 190bhp chipped state for 18 months so know what it felt like, and after driving Steph's 3.2V6 on saturday, i would definately say that its quicker! was pretty impressed with it too!

Rich

Even though he'll definitely be quicker I dont think he would destroy you at all
through the haldex and other transmission elements you lose much more than just 12% as I discovered Saturday, more like 30%
even in the twisties you wont lose much because the weight of the V6 lump makes it understeer so much

[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:
was pretty impressed with it too!

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
If you want a new project after your little rocket, don't forget mine will be on sale beginning of 2005

[ QUOTE ]
StephV6 said:
[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]
If you want a new project after your little rocket, don't forget mine will be on sale beginning of 2005

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish! Still be paying for mine then...

...well, for the next stage anyway /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:
[ QUOTE ]
StephV6 said:
[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oooh, go on Rich, a nice twin turbo conversion on the V6 and 450 bhp we're off /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

[ QUOTE ]
jojo said:
[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:
[ QUOTE ]
StephV6 said:
[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oooh, go on Rich, a nice twin turbo conversion on the V6 and 450 bhp we're off /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

couple of years... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif